Our terms and conditions 10 minutes read
In this agreement, references to "we", "us", "our", "SoleWidgets" are to "471 Digital Ltd trading as SoleWidgets". References to "SoleWidgets", "our website", "this website" or "the website" are to "solewidgets.com". References to "material", "content" and "user-created content" are to any and all content that you make available via the website, including documents and user information.
By accessing the website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms and conditions then please do not access and/or use the website. We may change these terms and conditions at any time and will do our best to inform you of any changes; however, you should review them regularly yourself by visiting https://solewidgets.com/page/terms as you will continue to be bound by them whenever they are updated and/or amended.
These terms and conditions apply to you regarding the material on this website. You are responsible for bringing them to the attention of anyone who may read material on this site as a result of your access to it.
Content and Copyright
- You agree not to create, publish or link to any abusive, threatening, hateful, obscene, malicious or sexually explicit material, or material that may violate any laws, be they the laws of your own country, the United Kingdom (where the website is based) or international law. Doing so may lead to your being immediately and permanently banned from the website and your details being shared with the relevant authorities. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing the website. The IP address of all users is recorded to help in enforcing this aspect of the terms and conditions.
- You agree not to create or publish material for which you do not have the appropriate copyright permissions; for example, copyrighted images, symbols, or videos.
- You agree that we have the right to edit or delete material that you have created.
- The symbols are copyright of SoleWidgets 2022. They may in no way be altered or reproduced via any other means. You are not permitted to copy, distribute or sell any of the symbol images.
- While this website and the symbols contained within it are copyright of SoleWidgets, the text of the material you create and any images you attach to it remain your copyright (or that of the rights holder that has given you explicit permission to reproduce their content on the website) and your responsibility.
- When you publish material on the website, it means that you are allowing visitors to the website to access and use that material and to associate it with you (e.g. through your group or user name). You also grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any material that you create or publish on the website.
- Publishing of documents in SoleWidgets is designed to be used as a means to share symbol documents with family and friends or others within your organisation. SoleWidgets may not be used to supply large numbers of documents to other organisations or individuals. SoleWidgets reserves the right to suspend any account deemed to be abusing the website in this way without notice. If an account is suspended, the account holder will be notified via email.
- All materials contained within the resource packs are protected by copyright, SoleWidgets © 2022. Materials printed from resource files may only be used within the purchasing organisation. Uploading resource files to third-party websites such as eBay and any other distribution to third parties is prohibited.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
SoleWidgets accepts no responsibility for user-created content on this website and shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from the use of, or reliance on the information contained within user-created content. Statements and opinions expressed in user-created content are those of the user and are not in any way the statements or opinions of SoleWidgets.
While SoleWidgets makes all reasonable attempts to ensure uninterrupted service, it cannot guarantee that the website will always be available and recommends that users make their own backups of any critical data. While SoleWidgets makes all reasonable attempts to exclude software threats (e.g. viruses) from the website, it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses or any other software threat. It is your responsibility to implement satisfactory safeguards and procedures to ensure that any files or information you obtain through the website are safe to use.
You may access areas of the SoleWidgets site that require registration by becoming a registered member and creating an account with us. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and for all activities that occur under your account.
By registering on the SoleWidgets website, you agree that:
your account and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the SoleWidgets website
you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration-required area of the SoleWidgets website; and
you will not register an account for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the website or other users; nor will you seek to impersonate another user.
You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or account identifiers by others.
Termination of Registration
If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your account. If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, or any future modification to these terms and conditions, you must cease using the SoleWidgets website. Continued use of the SoleWidgets website indicates your continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
By placing an order through our website you warrant that: you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; you are at least 18 years old; and
the information given on your order is complete and accurate.
Our Contact Details
If you have any questions regarding SoleWidgets.com, please contact us:
Subscription periods are either monthly or annual. Once your order for a subscription has been accepted, the subscription will continue and renew unless and until it is ended by either of us in accordance with the provisions of section 11 (Cancellations and Refunds).
The cost of your subscription will be made clear to you on our website's 'sign up' pages.
Payment can be made through:
Online subscription via Stripe *
Should an invoice become overdue, your subscription will be suspended with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to withdraw or change any subscription and/or price at any time. This includes adding products/additional features.
If we change the subscription price then we will inform you with at least 30 days’ notice so that you can choose whether or not to cancel your payment. Your subscription will continue until your payments are cancelled.
Cancellation and Refunds
You have the right to cancel your subscription at any time without giving a reason. If you start a subscription without taking advantage of the trial period and then cancel it before the trial period would have ended, you will receive a refund. If you cancel a monthly subscription, no refund will be made. Annual subscriptions will receive a pro-rata refund for unused services.
If you have a query or complaint about your subscription, please contact us using the details below: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection and Privacy
In this section, "data protection legislation" is the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) in addition to all applicable laws about the processing of personal data and privacy.
Individual Accounts and Account Holders
Group Accounts and Multi-Subscription Accounts
In this section, "the service" is SoleWidgets ("solewidgets.com"), where multi-subscription account holders can allocate and manage administrators and users of both individual and group accounts belonging to their multi-subscription account; and where group account holders can allocate and manage users on their group account. Users can be granted administrative, managerial, editorial and viewing privileges for other users and the content they create. In this section, a "sub-processor" is a third party appointed by us to assist in providing and supporting the service.
The personally identifiable information that we may process in order to provide the service includes your payment details and any names, usernames, email addresses and telephone numbers provided for users on your account. For the purposes of data protection legislation, you (the account holder and the administrators and managers you appoint to represent you) acknowledge that you are the data controller of the personal data of users on your account and that we are the data processor.
As the data controller of the personal data of users on your account, you represent and warrant that you:
shall comply with these terms and conditions and all applicable data protection laws
shall implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to maintain the safety of your users' data
have obtained any and all necessary permissions and authorisation required to permit us and our sub-processors to provide the service and perform our obligations under these terms and conditions.
As the data processor, to the extent that we process any personal data on your behalf, we shall:
- act only on written instructions from you, unless required by applicable law
- only use your personal data for the purpose of providing the service
- process your personal data under the terms required by data protection legislation
- have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss, damage or destruction of your personal data
- not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area without ensuring appropriate safeguards and an adequate level of protection
- only use sub-processors that you consent to and that are able to provide us with a written contract that respects data protection legislation
- assist you with data protection impact assessments for the service
- take account of any guidance issued by the supervisory authority
- notify the account holder of any personal data breach without undue delay, using the email address that they have provided
- notify the account holder, using the email address that they have provided, of any request or communication regarding the privacy of their users.
It is strongly recommended that personally identifiable information (e.g. name, email address) is not used in the credentials of users on your account. For example, SoleWidgets uses usernames as part of the user's public web address and users may not want or expect their identity to be exposed in this way. If personally identifiable information is used in the credentials of users on the account, you must ensure that you have obtained the necessary permissions and authorisation to do so.
Our subscription services are provided by 471 Digital Ltd (company registration number 11381121). These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.